Today I thought I would spend a few minutes writing a list of all the things I have to be grateful about during this past week. Gratitude is something that in the past I rarely paid much attention to, wrong I know, but I’m making an amends for it now.
Slow progress, but progress is progress, right?
So, this week here are the things that I have gratitude for.
- Being back with my family, and for them accepting me for who I am.
- My partner for being there for me.
- My kids for not totally winding me up as soon as I came back home.
- Our puppy dog for trying to lick and eat me to death multiple times per day.
- The job that drives me nuts most days, but allows me to provide for my family.
- Having enough money to put food on my families table.
- Having somewhere safe to live at the moment that is far from ideal, but at least it is stable.
- Having both the time and money to see a therapist.
- Parents, (mostly my mother) who supported me during my separation from my partner.
- Having the time and energy to write on my blog, and to read some good books.
- Coming home to a nice home-cooked meal after a 10 hour work day. Priceless!
- As of writing, I am 52 days porn free (mid-way disaster aside), and over two weeks on monk-mode.
Well it has been a good week to ponder things, and to appreciate the things I have, although they may not be perfect, but my needs and wants are still taken care of.
As things stand, life is pretty good.
My therapist asked me recently on a scale of 1 -10 how my self esteem was, and I answered with a solid 8. Hey, I’m never satisfied, for me 8 is basically bloody perfection, just don’t tell anyone….lol
Always room for growth, so let’s not stand here too long admiring my new found perfection.
Till next time!